Camfield House is an award–winning, luxury B&B in Thurso, Caithness. The business opened its doors in mid-2014 and since then Camfield House has won the Travellers’ Choice 2016 Winner award by Trip Advisor and won the prestigious Visit Scotland 2016 “taste our best award”.
Camfield House approached Larus Digital to conduct a refresh of their old website, to make it both more user–friendly for visitors, but also more user-friendly for the owners to update.
In our opinion, all hotel, B&B, and accommodation websites need a handful of crucial components to make them successful:
- Responsive, mobile-friendly design for people using gadgets like smartphones and tablets
- Search Engine Optimisation best practices adopted from the beginning of the project
- Simple to use software that allows the owner to easily change text and images on the website
- A good description of the accommodation and what’s included
- Pictures of the hotel — because one picture says more than a thousand words
- Good contact and location information
- Clear pricing
- Online booking option
The old Camfield House website fell short on a few of these aspects, namely the ease with which the site could be updated by the owners, and the booking system.
We created a design that works very well on all mobile gadgets and performs really well in spite of the heavy use of images — which are an essential aspect of showcasing the house. We integrated their excellent TripAdvisor data and chosen booking system.
You can see the site here: www.riversideaccommodation.co.uk